- To learn about sharks and the characteristics that distinguish them from other fish.
- To observe and describe the external characteristics of different species of shark and relate them to their behavior.
- To establish a work method and observation guidelines to enable identification of certain species of shark.
- To encourage interest in scientific research.
With precise timings to be determined by the pupil, the program consists of:
3 advisory sessions with a biologist from the Education Department:
- Session 1: A guided tour of the relevant aquariums to establish and specify the observation element that needs to be carried out.
- Session 2: Dissection of a shark and observation of elements related to the topic (scales, teeth, jaws, fins, etc.).
- Session 3: A visit to the quarantine room and the technical area of the Oceanarium and meet a keeper.
2 sessions to consult bibliographical material, journals, papers, videos, etc.
6 self-guided tours of L’Aquàrium de Barcelona for pupils to gather information from their own observations.